From: "Jeremy A. Puhlman" <jpuhlman@mvista.com>
To: Rail Shafigulin <rail@esenciatech.com>, yocto@yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: executable depends on the library that is built in the same recipe
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 11:54:17 -0800	[thread overview]

Given it is looking for libMyTool.so and not a versioned library, my
guess is that the shared
library is not setting a proper soname when being built. All libraries
should be built with a soname,
and if done correctly should be versioned.  The .so file generally
shouldn't be the runtime library
but a link back to the versioned library, so you get something that
looks like:

/usr/lib/libz.so -> libz.zo.1.2.11
/usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.11
/usr/lib/libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1