Hello Thomas, On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 05:22:33PM +0100, Thomas Zimmermann wrote: > Backlight drivers implement struct backlight_ops.check_fb, which > uses struct fb_info in its interface. Replace the callback with one > that does not use fb_info. > > In DRM, we have several drivers that implement backlight support. By > including these drivers depend on . > At the same time, fbdev is deprecated for new drivers and likely to > be replaced on many systems. > > This patchset is part of a larger effort to implement the backlight > code without depending on fbdev. > > Patch 1 makes the backlight core match backlight and framebuffer > devices via struct fb_info.bl_dev. Patches 2 to 9 then go through > drivers and remove unnecessary implementations of check_fb. Finally, > patch 10 replaces the check_fb hook with controls_device, which > uses the framebuffer's Linux device instead of the framebuffer. I assume the merge plan for this series is via drm-misc in one go? Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |