I added meta-java to my bblayers.conf file, and the next build invalidated much of my sstate cache. This included such recipes as perl, which I thought would be unrelated to that layer. Through some digging, it appears that the addition to SYSROOTS_EXCLUDEDEPS_SYSROOT in meta-java affects that recipe. I wonder if this variable should be added to something like BB_HASHBASE_WHITELIST. I'd think that the value in the exclusion should only affect the signature if it matches the current recipe. Is something more needed in a hash calculation? - Jate S.