* Hard floating point support for armv7a wmmx2 processor in oe-core
@ 2012-04-12 17:38 Nicolas Aguirre
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nicolas Aguirre @ 2012-04-12 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi,

I'm building an oe-core minimal image and toolchain for the cubox[1]
which has a Marvell Armada 510 SoC, also known as Dove.
It's a armv7 Arm processor with wmmx2 instruction set [2].

I setup a new machine for the cubox and added :
require conf/machine/include/arm/arch-armv7a.inc
in my cubox.conf file

I also added
ARM_FP_MODE = "hardfp"
TARGET_FPU = "hardfp"
in my local.conf file.

It finished the build sucessfully for angstrom efl-nodm-image.

I don't know exactly which option enable and where to add it to enable
hard floating point.
I see in meta-oe/meta/conf/machine/include/arm/arch-armv7a.inc
references to the armv7ahf architecture but without idea how to
activate it.

Btw is the 'a' after armv7 important for me ? As it seems that this
arm core is an armv7 and not armv7a. I dont find arch-armv7.inc file
in oe-core.

Another problem is, how to add support for wmmx2 instruction set ?
There is tune-iwmmxt.inc but it seems to refer to armv5 arch. There is
a way to enable this instruction set ?

Any help would be appreciate :)

[1] http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox
[2] http://www.marvell.com/application-processors/armada-500/