From: Tom <thomas.wunder@swt-bamberg.de>
To: linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: NFS-Mount with MIT-Kerberos5 doesn't use user tickets...
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:37:24 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

I'm trying to set up a kerberized NFSv4 client to mount a share using a local
ticket (obtained by PAM when the user logged into the shell) instead of a
machine specific ticket (i.e. I'd like to do user-based authorization). I
already managed to get machine based authentification/authorization working for
a test but i can't (and i don't want to) use local keytab files for storing the
machine keys on the client machines in my production environment.

I'm running the rpc.gssd with the "-n -vvv -rrr" to make it consider user
tickets too.
Now, when I try to mount the share to "/mnt/net" (the according fstab-line
looks like "dnsdhcp:/ /mnt/net  nfs4  sec=krb5p,user 0 0") the credentials
cache of the user which is doing the mount is not being used. The second
log message  reads
"rpc.gssd[888]: getting credentials for client with uid 0 for server <srvname>"
Googling around a bit i found out that some other people managed to make mount
use the uid of the initiating user rather than 'root'(uid=0) (though they seem
to have other problems...).

I'm not quite sure what is wrong with my setup and therefore i tried to dig
into the code of gssd. The only thing i found is that the uid (0 in my case)
is read from a file "clntXX/krb5" (within a pipefs) which is obviously
written by the kernel.

A kernel update to 2.6.32-19 (i'm using ubuntu karmic on an amd64 machine)
didn't make it any better.

Complete Log (client): http://pastebin.com/s7B2W7ie
The user ticket (i'm running the mount-command from an account of a user which
is authenticated via kerberos (MIT Kerberos5)) resided in
/tmp/krb5cc_10002_H6OYu0
Here's what klist said http://pastebin.com/Lrrs3AwM
And this is the client's krb5.conf: http://pastebin.com/JChsVNJQ

I'm really desperate now because i've been working on this problem for nearly
two weeks now and i couldn't get by...

Can you suggest me how to specify which user should be utilized to carry out
the mount? (Did I misconfigure something?)

By the way i've already downloaded the source-code of the nfs-utils
(ver. 1.2.0) and modified
void handle_krb5_upcall(struct clnt_info *clp)
from
gssd/gssd_proc.c
to statically set uid to 10002 (just for testing what will happen) and it's
pretty interesting what comes out:
http://pastebin.com/Qi1rWMLC

Thanks in advance!