From: Bryan Wright <bkw1a@ayesha.phys.virginia.edu>
To: ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Trying to build "ceph-client-standalone" under kernel 2.6.32
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:55:33 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Hi folks,

     I'm trying to build the kernel client, following the directions here:

http://ceph.newdream.net/wiki/Building_kernel_client

I'm doing this under 32-bit CentOS 5.7 with a 2.6.32 kernel.  (Ultimately, I'll
have both 32-bit and 64-bit clients.)  My understanding is that the fuse
implementation won't work on 32-bit clients because fuse can't deal with ceph's
long inode numbers on that platform, so I'm trying to compile a kernel module
that I can maintain with dkms.

     The problem is that when I try "make -C libceph", I get errors of the form:

/usr/src/ceph-client-standalone/libceph/ceph_common.c:9:28: error:
keys/ceph-type.h: No such file or directory

      What am I doing wrong here?  Any advice would be appreciated.

                                              Thanks,
                                              Bryan