* Support for Telt LE920 Modem in ofono
@ 2015-07-03  5:12 Sriram Sagar
From: Sriram Sagar @ 2015-07-03  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Does ofono support support the Telit LE920 modem ??

Do I need to change any configuration to enable the telitmodem driver
support ??

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 251 bytes --]

* Re: Support for Telt LE920 Modem in ofono
@ 2015-07-05 10:42 ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2015-07-05 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Sriram,

On 07/03/2015 12:12 AM, Sriram Sagar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does ofono support support the Telit LE920 modem ??
>
> Do I need to change any configuration to enable the telitmodem driver
> support ??

Nobody on the oFono team has this hardware.  Perhaps you can try it and
tell us?

Regards,
-Denis

* Re: Support for Telt LE920 Modem in ofono
@ 2015-07-05 12:16     ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2015-07-05 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Vidhya,

> Hi Denis,
>
> We have Telit LE920 modem , and working on providing support for LE920 with
> ofono.It is currently not been recognized, after check_modem_list, it is
> returning. Perhaps, we have to add LE920 modem specific details to ofono driver.
> Can you please let us know what modem specific details we need to enter and
> in which part of code/configuration files?

There are two modem detection plugins at the moment.

If your modem is USB based, then plugins/udevng.c is what takes care of
it.  Adding a new modem subtype is generally a matter of tweaking a few
of the look up tables inside.  (e.g. vendor_list[], driver_list[], etc).

If you modem is using a Serial interface, then plugins/udev.c is used
along with a udev rule.  See doc/calypso-modem.txt for an example of this.

Regards,
-Denis

* Re: Support for Telt LE920 Modem in ofono
@ 2015-07-06 17:38   ` Vidhya Govindan
From: Vidhya Govindan @ 2015-07-06 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Denis Kenzior <denkenz@...> writes:

> Hi Sriram,
>
> On 07/03/2015 12:12 AM, Sriram Sagar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does ofono support support the Telit LE920 modem ??
> >
> > Do I need to change any configuration to enable the telitmodem driver
> > support ??
>
> Nobody on the oFono team has this hardware.  Perhaps you can try it and
> tell us?

Hi Denis,

We have Telit LE920 modem , and working on providing support for LE920 with
ofono.It is currently not been recognized, after check_modem_list, it is
returning. Perhaps, we have to add LE920 modem specific details to ofono driver.
Can you please let us know what modem specific details we need to enter and
in which part of code/configuration files?

Thanks in advance.
Vidhya

@ 2015-07-06 18:20       ` Vidhya Govindan
From: Vidhya Govindan @ 2015-07-06 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

> > Hi Denis,
> >

> There are two modem detection plugins at the moment.

Ours is USB based. We think that LE920 is taken care by gobi driver? Can you
please confirm?
If that is true, can we update the vendor id and product id of LE920 against
gobi driver structure?

> If your modem is USB based, then plugins/udevng.c is what takes care of
> it.  Adding a new modem subtype is generally a matter of tweaking a few
> of the look up tables inside.  (e.g. vendor_list[], driver_list[], etc).
>
> If you modem is using a Serial interface, then plugins/udev.c is used
> along with a udev rule.  See doc/calypso-modem.txt for an example of this.
>
> Regards,
> -Denis

Thanks for your quick reply. Appreciate your help in getting ofono working
with LE920.

Thanks,
Vidhya

* Re: Support for Telt LE920 Modem in ofono
       [not found] <CACmqbKJ658td13V1s07fX0Jhf=cUO_6z6=kTXb=oFweU_WHUgA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-07-05 12:50 ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2015-07-05 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono