From: Jan Rychter <jan-JAsPCFd0eodBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
To: ACPI List <acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Method for resetting embedded controller?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:37:09 -0700	[thread overview]

 Karol> Thus wrote Nigel Cunningham:
 >> I'm particularly noticing this when a lid event occurs during
 >> suspend, whether or not button.o is insmod'd. If acpid is running,
 >> it shows thousands of lid events per second. Another swsusp user has
 >> reported similar issues.

 Karol> I experienced the same problem a couple of times. I wouldn't
 Karol> really blame lid, as I'm almost sure I had the lid event
 Karol> overflow when the lid button was not touched at all during the
 Karol> cycle. From what I understand, the situation is connected with
 Karol> thermal zone handling, I can almost be sure that if an active
 Karol> thermal trip point is hit during the resume process, the lid
 Karol> events will appear. I don't yet know if it's connected with bug
 Karol> #1185.
[...]

FWIW, I've also been encountering this problem from time to time. It
seems to have subsided recently, for some reason.

I think I've even reported it here (ACPI list), but it got ignored (as
usual).

--J.

The Event For Linux Datacenter Solutions & Strategies in The Enterprise
Linux in the Boardroom; in the Front Office; & in the Server Room
http://www.enterpriselinuxforum.com