Hi Carsten, On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Carsten Emde wrote: > Does the attached patch work for you? > > - Fixed error handling > - Replaced schedule_timeout() with schedule_hrtimeout() > - Let schedule_hrtimeout() handle expired timers Well no, the mq_timedrecieve blocks for ever using my test program. This behaviour would not really be evident in the pmqtest since the frequency of sending the test messages is lesser than the timeout value. So, I have modified the pmqtest (attached) to - Not send test messages This means when the -T1 option is used it should wait on mq_timedrecieve for 1 second and then exit. On a normal kernel this behaviour is demostrated but with the patch on, the timeout never expires and hence the program does not exit. regards /prady -- http://www.prady.in