On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:52:21AM +1000, Ian Wienand wrote: > Suggested patch attached; note the fsyscall implementation does not > appear to have this problem. Sorry to reply to myself, but I noticed when using httperf I still got one or two messages (literally, it was very much reduced); the first patch misses the fact there is also a race between 'lost' being calculated and the timer interrupt possibly catching jiffies up to wall_jiffies. I also added a comment as I get easily confused. The attached patch lets me run httperf repeatedly with none of these warnings, though there still might be a better way to do it. -i