All of lore.kernel.org
From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>
To: Minchan Kim <minchan@kernel.org>
Cc: linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, mbrugger@suse.de,
	linux-mm@kvack.org, Jason Evans <je@fb.com>
Subject: Re: jemalloc testsuite stalls in memset
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:24:47 +0100	[thread overview]

On Dez 15 2016, Minchan Kim <minchan@kernel.org> wrote:

> You mean program itself access the address(ie, 0xffffb7400000) is hang
> while access the address from the debugger is OK?

Yes.

> Can you reproduce it easily?

100%

> Did you test it in real machine or qemu on x86?

Both real and kvm.

> Could you show me how I can reproduce it?

Just run make check.

> I want to test it in x86 machine, first of all.
> Unfortunately, I don't have any aarch64 platform now so maybe I have to
> run it on qemu on x86 until I can set up aarch64 platform if it is reproducible
> on real machine only.
>

>> The kernel has been configured with transparent hugepages.
>>
>> CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE=y
>> CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE_ALWAYS=y
>> # CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE_MADVISE is not set
>> CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGE_PAGECACHE=y
>
> What's the exact kernel version?

Anything >= your commit.

> I don't think it's HUGE_PAGECACHE problem but to narrow down the scope,
> could you test it without CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGE_PAGECACHE?

That cannot be deselected.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>
To: Minchan Kim <minchan@kernel.org>
Cc: linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org,
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:24:47 +0100	[thread overview]

From: schwab@suse.de (Andreas Schwab)
To: linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
Subject: jemalloc testsuite stalls in memset
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:24:47 +0100	[thread overview]

Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab at suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7