Hi Gábor, On Wed, 28 Aug 2019, SZEDER Gábor wrote: > Implement find_unique_prefixes() by sorting the prefix items > lexicographically and then looking for unique prefixes in adjacent > pairs. It's definitely shorter than the current hashmap-based > implementation (101 vs 149 lines), subjectively easier to follow, and > hopefully less buggy (some of the new elements in the test trigger > failure with the hashmap). > > TODO: deal multi-byte caracter sequences, make the test tool more > developer-friendly Sorry for my late response, I am still trying to catch up with an ever-growing inbox after trying to pretend to be on vacation. Your argument is a strong one, and I will try to re-roll, folding the functionality to find the unique prefixes into `add-interactive.c` while trying to reuse the already-sorted list for the lookup by prefix. As to the multi-byte UTF-8 characters: you're right, that code has a bug. The intention was to require only single-byte characters in the prefix, for simplicity. Thanks, Dscho