Hi Ævar, On Mon, 22 Nov 2021, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote: > On Mon, Nov 22 2021, Johannes Schindelin wrote: > > > On Sat, 20 Nov 2021, Elijah Newren wrote: > > > >> On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 3:03 PM Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget > >> wrote: > >> > > >> > tl;dr: This series contributes the core part of the Scalar command to > >> > the Git project. This command provides an opinionated way to create > >> > and configure Git repositories with a focus on very large > >> > repositories. > >> > >> I thought after > >> https://lore.kernel.org/git/nycvar.QRO.7.76.6.2110062241150.395@tvgsbejvaqbjf.bet/ > >> that you'd update merge.renames to true on what is now patch 7. Did > >> you end up changing your mind, or was this overlooked? > > > > Oops! Thank you so much for the reminder. > > > > Will fix. I do not plan on sending out a new iteration for a few more days > > because I do not want to send lots of patches to the list right now, > > reviewer bandwidth seems to be stretched quite a bit already. > > Bandwidth which is further stretched by continuing to send updates to > this topic while ignoring outstanding feedback. The feedback you are referring to is probably the repeated demand to integrate Scalar deeply into Git's build process. As I have tired of replying, it is not the time for that yet. Repeating that demand does not make it more sensible, nor does it magically make it the right time. Nor is it credible to call the build "broken" when it does what it is supposed to do, thank you very much. Ciao, Johannes