Hi Ævar, On Thu, 9 Dec 2021, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote: > The difference between "master" and "git-for-windows/main" is large > enough that comparing the two will segfault on my system. This is > because the range-diff code does some expensive calculations and will > overflow the "int" type. You are holding this thing wrong. The `main` branch of Git for Windows uses merging rebases, therefore you need to use a commit range like `git-for-windows/main^{/^Start.the.merging}..git-for-windows/main` and compare it to `git-for-windows/main..master`. Failing that, you will receive only bogus results. As to the patch series, it likely does the wrong thing. Just like we error out on insanely large input in libxdiff, `range-diff` should do the same. Ciao, Johannes