All of lore.kernel.org
From: Johannes Schindelin <Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de>
To: Jaydeep Das <jaydeepjd.8914@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Newcomer] Suggestions for microprojects
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 23:37:23 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

Hi Jaydeep,

welcome to the project!

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022, Jaydeep Das wrote:

> I want to starting contributing to the git project but can't decide
> where to start.

In general, I would recommend to pick a project that is of personal
interest to you. If you have used Git for more than a week, I am _certain_
that you found things you wish Git did better. That would be the kind of
project that I'd think would be ideal.

> I have read the coding-style and contributing guidelines stuff from the
> website and am eager to start writing code. Is there any small patches
> that I can make in the codebase that could help me get started with it?

There are two public bug trackers for the Git project, although I must
make clear that neither has been officially accepted by the Git project as
authoritative. The official bug tracker is the Git mailing list (which
lacks any tooling, of course, to find all reported and still unfixed
bugs). The two aforementioned bug trackers can be found here:

	https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/issues

and

	https://crbug.com/git

If you want some easy project, I would suggest to look at the first bug
tracker because some tickets in there are labeled with "good first issue",
e.g. this one:

	https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/issues/636

Ciao,
Johannes