From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@cox.net>
To: linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Anyone tried out btrbk yet?
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 05:39:33 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Donald Pearson posted on Sat, 25 Jul 2015 08:27:03 -0500 as excerpted:

[Duncan wrote...]

[Big intervening thread snip...]

> I can confirm that getting rid of the quotas fixed the issue for me.
> Just disabling quotas wasn't enough, I had to enable, delete all
> qgroups, reboot because disable was hung on one of the filesystems,
> then disable quotas.  Now when btrfs-cleaner runs it doesn't completely
> consume a core, I can see corresponding disk i/o, and the process goes
> away after a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Good to have a recent and concrete report to point to, on the subject of
btrfs and quotas, now.  Now I can at least say something like "we do have
at least one report (4.1 timeframe) of snapshot deletion scaling or
lockup issues where quotas was implicated -- after deleting qgroups and
disabling quotas, the problem disappeared."