At Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:41:12 -0500, Paul Davis wrote: > > >I have application A that needs to open payback and capture streams > >because it's a two-way communications program. Application B is a game > >that uses playback only. I want to use these both at the same time. > > but i don't think you can do this with OSS. why should ALSA's OSS > emulation make it possible? the OSS API doesn't support this. if they > used the ALSA API, it would work without (much) work on your part. ok, finally i got his question - well, i didn't read carefully it before, since i still have 5,000 unread mails... anyway, it's possible if you use aoss wrapper and specify dmix/dsnoop as the device. you're right for the kernel emulation. no way. but still we need a fix for aoss wrapper. the only necessary change is to allow aoss open different pcm per playback and capture stream. for example, the below is a minute quick hack (untested) for that. you can specify pcm.dsp0p and pcm.dsp0c for playback and capture directions, respectively. Takashi