* MIDI Through Port Number in ALSA Sequencer
@ 2021-07-24 10:07 rv71
From: rv71 @ 2021-07-24 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello,

ALSA Sequencer always creates MIDI Through Port with the id 14:0. However, I can't find where it is defined that this special port will have this particular id/number. I also don't see any definition in seq.h regarding this ( unlike the timer and announce special port, for example). Can you explain?

Thanks

Robert

* Re: MIDI Through Port Number in ALSA Sequencer
@ 2021-07-27  8:36 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2021-07-27  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rv71; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Sat, 24 Jul 2021 12:07:14 +0200,
rv71@onet.eu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ALSA Sequencer always creates MIDI Through Port with the id 14:0. However, I can't find where it is defined that this special port will have this particular id/number. I also don't see any definition in seq.h regarding this ( unlike the timer and announce special port, for example). Can you explain?

It's a fixed client number defined with SNDRV_SEQ_CLIENT_DUMMY in the
kernel header include/uapi/sound/asequencer.h (which will be installed
in /usr/include/sound/asequencer.h).

Oh, and now I noticed that the comment in sound/core/seq/seq_dummy.c
is with an old number that is no longer correct.  Will fix up :)

Takashi