From: =?gb18030?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?= <xiezhenjiang@foxmail.com>
To: =?gb18030?B?eGVuLWRldmVs?= <xen-devel@lists.xen.org>
Subject: confusions on monitoring VM cpu usage in Xen hypervisor
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:09:31 +0800	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb18030", Size: 700 bytes --]

Hi everyone, I¡®m trying to monitor the VM CPU usage in xen hypervisor and use the VM CPU usage
information in Xen's Credit Scheduler. I googled it, and find that most references about this topic is monitoring the VM CPU usage information in Domain-0 while not in the Xen hypervisor.
I'm now blocking at how to determine the state of vCPU, My understanding is that vCPU running on a physical CPU doesn't mean it really consumes CPU cycles, so I could determine the whether vCPU is consuming CPU cycles or not? So could you please give me some advice.

Thank you very much!