* SD card wont work with dw_mmc driver in linux. Error -84 EILSEQ
@ 2017-11-27 17:26 John Smith
From: John Smith @ 2017-11-27 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* SD card wont work with dw_mmc driver in linux. Error -84 EILSEQ
@ 2017-11-29  5:08 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2017-11-29  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 06:26:04PM +0100, John Smith wrote:
> CMD18 Multiblockread and CMD17 Single block read are failing during driver
> initialisation sequence.. I can not figure out, what the problem is. These CMDs
> return with -84, which means:
>
>  * EILSEQ       Basic format problem with the received or sent data
>  *              (e.g. CRC check failed, incorrect opcode in response
>  *              or bad end bit)
>
> I am able to load files from the sd card in uboot and most of the CMDs are also
> working in the dw_mmc driver as you can see below.
>

> Clock is set to 25MHz, tested are two different sd cards (=same result). ARMv7,
> Kernel 4.0, dw_mmc driver

Kernel release 4.0 is really really old, please try something newer and
more modern please.

And why not ask this on the mailing list for this subsystem?  The
developers there can help you out best.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Aw: Re: SD card wont work with dw_mmc driver in linux. Error -84 EILSEQ
@ 2017-12-02 14:20   ` John Smith
From: John Smith @ 2017-12-02 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...