* creating tarball for storing downloads; issue inheriting own-mirrors.bbclass
@ 2021-08-18  7:09 scott.threet
From: scott.threet @ 2021-08-18  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

I am trying to create tarballs to store yocto downloads. This is primarily to avoid old commits breaking when some random git repository changes their master branch name or something like that. I have been using this: http://embeddedguruji.blogspot.com/2019/01/storing-yocto-downloads-on-private.html , though I have seen other sources giving similar instructions.

I am having the following error (after putting the two lines at top of local.conf for my target and fixing the missing "):

ERROR: ParseError in configuration INHERITs: Could not inherit file classes/own‐mirrors.bbclass

poky has own-mirrors.bbclass here: https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/classes/own-mirrors.bbclass
I have pokey with path sources/poky; and in bblayers.conf I have this:
${BSPDIR} /sources/poky/meta \
We are on an old commit of poky, but that file is identical in the old commit and current head of poky. If it matters we are on zeus.

So from this I'm not understanding why bitbake can't find the file or if it has another error?

There is also supposedly an error logs at /opt/yocto/arkki-cyient-prod/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log; but my /opt folder only has a subfolder containerd.

Any ideas about the problem or suggestions for what to check?

Thanks for any assistance,
Scott Threet