On Wed, Jan 30 2013, Jeff King wrote: > I do not mind a .netrc or .authinfo parser, because while those formats > do have security problems, they are standard files that may already be > in use. So as long as we are not encouraging their use, I do not see a > problem in supporting them (and we already do the same with curl's netrc > support). > > But it would probably make sense for send-email to support the existing > git-credential subsystem, so that it can take advantage of secure > system-specific storage. And that is where we should be pointing new > users. I think contrib/mw-to-git even has credential support written in > perl, so it would just need to be factored out to Git.pm. As far as I understand, there could be a git-credential helper that reads ~/.authinfo and than git-send-email would just call “git credential fill”, right? I've noticed though, that git-credential does not support port argument, which makes it slightly incompatible with ~/.authinfo. -- Best regards, _ _ .o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of o' \,=./ `o ..o | Computer Science, Michał “mina86” Nazarewicz (o o) ooo +------------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--