From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, linux-pci@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [git pull] PCI changes for 2.6.30
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:01:12 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> Please consider pulling my PCI tree from
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6 linux-next

This produces

  WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x69a1): Section mismatch in reference from the function dev_rescan_store() to the function .devinit.text:pci_rescan_bus()
  The function dev_rescan_store() references
  the function __devinit pci_rescan_bus().
  This is often because dev_rescan_store lacks a __devinit
  annotation or the annotation of pci_rescan_bus is wrong.

Hmm?

> Anyway hope this pull is ok.  I went through every warning by hand to make
> sure none were caused by PCI commits, but that was with the bits in this
> tree, which are -rc8 vintage.

You can tell it's rebased, but at least it's not rebased five minutes ago,
so I assume it has some testing. It's the "I just rebased a couple of
minutes before posting this 'please pull' message" that I find really
annoying, since it's so clear that the end result has no real testing at
all.

		Linus