Alsa-Devel Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20
@ 2019-10-30  8:10 Jean-Paul Argudo
  2019-10-30  9:15 ` Takashi Sakamoto
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Jean-Paul Argudo @ 2019-10-30  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi there,

I wrote 1st this here: 
https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve/issues/25

But I think it was the bad place, sorry for that.

I think this ML is better?

My problem in one line:

I upgraded my Ubuntu Disco (kernel 4.13) to Ubuntu Eoan (kernel 5.3.19)
and I can report my SaffireLE / Firewire doesnt work anymore, snd-bebob reports "discontinuity of CIP" on dmesg...


At startup it lights green ok, but no sound is playable, then the
lights turn orange (like it is when it's not working), I hear a "relay
sound" (a electric clic of a relay), then, the Saffire LE disapears from the sound menu in Ubuntu sound menu.

I can see this in dmesg:

[   19.083583] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 10 50
[   19.746665] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: A0 A8
[   19.846775] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 70 B0
[   20.335861] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 90 D0
[   20.856301] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 78 B8
[   21.312770] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 30 70
[   21.796716] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 00 40
[   22.347664] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 00 40
[   22.818247] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: A8 E8
[   23.306079] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 98 D8
[   29.544652] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 10 50
[   30.272090] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: A8 E8
[   30.776168] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 00 40
[   31.268123] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: E0 20
[   31.766085] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: E0 20
[   32.267903] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 88 C8
[   32.767989] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: F8 38
[   33.263808] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 78 B8
[   33.757156] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 08 48
[   34.258860] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 80 C0
[   34.755571] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 40 80
[   35.261252] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 60 A0
[   35.753980] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 78 B8
[   36.253547] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: C0 00
[   36.752500] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 08 48
[   37.255203] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: B0 F0
[  277.760550] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 40 80
[  278.488972] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: C0 00
[  278.986290] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: E0 20
[  279.485998] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 18 58
[  279.983838] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: D0 10
[  280.486776] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: C0 00
[  280.979487] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 30 70
[  281.480952] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 78 B8
[  281.975413] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 38 78
[  282.475487] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 60 A0
[  282.979446] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 88 C8
[  283.472403] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 88 C8
[  283.968484] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 68 A8
[  284.471585] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 30 70
[  284.562886] usb 3-4.1: reset high-speed USB device number 5 using
xhci_hcd
[  284.965508] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: D0 10
[  285.469348] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 68 A8
[  285.965174] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 20 60
[  285.981618] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1,
gap_count=5
[  290.103982] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1,
gap_count=5
I tried update the kernel with eoan-proposed I know run 5.3.20 and I
have the same problem (the trace above is made with 5.3.20.

First, I hope I report this the best way, really not sure here.

If not, please tell me what to bring (files? logs?) and where (on this
list? elsewhere?).

I have spare time to investigate anything that could help here.


Thanks!

-- 
Jean-Paul Argudo


_______________________________________________
Alsa-devel mailing list
Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20
  2019-10-30  8:10 [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20 Jean-Paul Argudo
@ 2019-10-30  9:15 ` Takashi Sakamoto
  2019-10-30  9:40   ` Jean-Paul Argudo
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Takashi Sakamoto @ 2019-10-30  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Paul Argudo; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:10:38AM +0100, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> Hi there,
> 
> I wrote 1st this here: 
> https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve/issues/25
> 
> But I think it was the bad place, sorry for that.
> 
> I think this ML is better?
> 
> My problem in one line:
> 
> I upgraded my Ubuntu Disco (kernel 4.13) to Ubuntu Eoan (kernel 5.3.19)
> and I can report my SaffireLE / Firewire doesnt work anymore, snd-bebob reports "discontinuity of CIP" on dmesg...
> 
> 
> At startup it lights green ok, but no sound is playable, then the
> lights turn orange (like it is when it's not working), I hear a "relay
> sound" (a electric clic of a relay), then, the Saffire LE disapears from the sound menu in Ubuntu sound menu.
> 
> I can see this in dmesg:
> 
> [   19.083583] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 10 50
> [   19.746665] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: A0 A8
> [   19.846775] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 70 B0
> [   20.335861] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 90 D0
> [   20.856301] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 78 B8
> [   21.312770] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 30 70
> [   21.796716] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 00 40
> [   22.347664] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 00 40
> [   22.818247] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: A8 E8
> [   23.306079] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 98 D8
> [   29.544652] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 10 50
> [   30.272090] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: A8 E8
> [   30.776168] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 00 40
> [   31.268123] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: E0 20
> [   31.766085] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: E0 20
> [   32.267903] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 88 C8
> [   32.767989] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: F8 38
> [   33.263808] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 78 B8
> [   33.757156] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 08 48
> [   34.258860] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 80 C0
> [   34.755571] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 40 80
> [   35.261252] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 60 A0
> [   35.753980] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 78 B8
> [   36.253547] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: C0 00
> [   36.752500] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 08 48
> [   37.255203] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: B0 F0
> [  277.760550] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 40 80
> [  278.488972] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: C0 00
> [  278.986290] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: E0 20
> [  279.485998] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 18 58
> [  279.983838] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: D0 10
> [  280.486776] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: C0 00
> [  280.979487] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 30 70
> [  281.480952] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 78 B8
> [  281.975413] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 38 78
> [  282.475487] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 60 A0
> [  282.979446] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 88 C8
> [  283.472403] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 88 C8
> [  283.968484] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 68 A8
> [  284.471585] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 30 70
> [  284.562886] usb 3-4.1: reset high-speed USB device number 5 using
> xhci_hcd
> [  284.965508] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: D0 10
> [  285.469348] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 68 A8
> [  285.965174] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 20 60
> [  285.981618] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1,
> gap_count=5
> [  290.103982] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1,
> gap_count=5
> I tried update the kernel with eoan-proposed I know run 5.3.20 and I
> have the same problem (the trace above is made with 5.3.20.
> 
> First, I hope I report this the best way, really not sure here.
 
This list is for this purpose. Thanks for your report and I apologize your inconvenience.

> If not, please tell me what to bring (files? logs?) and where (on this
> list? elsewhere?).
> 
> I have spare time to investigate anything that could help here.

The messages in syslog means that your Focusrite Saffire LE
transfers isochronous packet to your system with discontinued
sequence number.

But subtraction of the counter (e.g. 0x20 and 0x60 in the
last line) always results 0x40. The former(=0x20) is expected
but the isochronous packet includes the latter(=0x60). I think
it's any possible bug of ALSA IEC 61883-1/6 packet streaming
engine and check it. I'll install Eoan kernel and test my devices.
(but I don't have Saffire and Saffire LE...) I'd like you to wait
for my test report.


Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto
_______________________________________________
Alsa-devel mailing list
Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20
  2019-10-30  9:15 ` Takashi Sakamoto
@ 2019-10-30  9:40   ` Jean-Paul Argudo
       [not found]     ` <c4b792255de178094fd53d80a25fc75b795e3acb.camel@argudo.org>
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Jean-Paul Argudo @ 2019-10-30  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Sakamoto; +Cc: alsa-devel

Dear Takashi,

Le mercredi 30 octobre 2019 à 18:15 +0900, Takashi Sakamoto a écrit :
> [...]
> > 
> > First, I hope I report this the best way, really not sure here.
> 
>  
> This list is for this purpose. Thanks for your report and I apologize
> your inconvenience.

Don't apologize, bugs happens. 

I thank you very much for this fast answer.

> 
> > If not, please tell me what to bring (files? logs?) and where (on
> > this
> > list? elsewhere?).
> > 
> > I have spare time to investigate anything that could help here.
> 
> The messages in syslog means that your Focusrite Saffire LE
> transfers isochronous packet to your system with discontinued
> sequence number.

OK.

> But subtraction of the counter (e.g. 0x20 and 0x60 in the
> last line) always results 0x40. The former(=0x20) is expected
> but the isochronous packet includes the latter(=0x60). I think
> it's any possible bug of ALSA IEC 61883-1/6 packet streaming
> engine and check it. 

OK.

> I'll install Eoan kernel and test my devices.
> (but I don't have Saffire and Saffire LE...) I'd like you to wait
> for my test report.

What I can say is that with kernel 4.13 under Ubunto Disco everything
was fine :-(

I can say too I never had to plug external power, the power by the
firewire cable has allways been enough for it. And this is still
working on Windows 10 (I have dualboot on my computer, but only do
audio things on linux, mostly with Ardour).

> 
> Thanks

Thanks to you !!

I'll be waiting for your tests. Be sure to ping my anytime you need
info, log files or whatever. 

I'm "jpa" on irc.freenode.net, connected worktime (~9am ~8pm UTC+1)

Cheers, 


> 
> Takashi Sakamoto

_______________________________________________
Alsa-devel mailing list
Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20
       [not found]     ` <c4b792255de178094fd53d80a25fc75b795e3acb.camel@argudo.org>
@ 2019-10-30 11:50       ` Takashi Sakamoto
  2019-10-30 14:40         ` Jean-Paul Argudo
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Takashi Sakamoto @ 2019-10-30 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Paul Argudo; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:40:18AM +0100, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> > I'll install Eoan kernel and test my devices.
> > (but I don't have Saffire and Saffire LE...) I'd like you to wait
> > for my test report.
> 
> What I can say is that with kernel 4.13 under Ubunto Disco everything
> was fine :-(

I install Eoan (linux-image-5.3.0-19-generic:5.3.0-19.20) and test ALSA
bebob driver with my test devices:
 - Yamaha GO46 (DM1000 ASIC)
 - M-Audio FireWire Solo (DM1000 ASIC)
 - Behringer FCA610 (DM1500 ASIC)
 - Focusrite SaffirePro 26 I/O (DM1000E)

However I don't find similar discontinuities. This means that you
encounter model-specific issue as regression I didn't realized.

For my information, would you please get output from nodes on procfs?
 * /proc/asound/cardX/firewire/clock
 * /proc/asound/cardX/firewire/firmware
 * /proc/asound/cardX/firewire/formation

Additionally, please install 'gir1.2-hinawa-2.0' package, then clone
below remote repository:
 * https://github.com/takaswie/hinawa-utils

This repository includes two scripts to get information from the device:
 * hinawa-bebob-parser
 * hinawa-bebob-connection-cui

When your device is detected as sound card '2' and your device is also
detected as '/dev/fw1', execute below:

$ ./hinawa-bebob-connection-cui 2 graph-connections
$ ./hinawa-bebob-parser 1 2

> At startup it lights green ok, but no sound is playable, then the
> lights turn orange (like it is when it's not working), I hear a
> "relay sound" (a electric clic of a relay), then, the Saffire LE
> disapears from the sound menu in Ubuntu sound menu.

Once your device is detected and ALSA bebob driver bound to it,
pulseaudio detects it and start PCM substream to get capabilities
of the device.

In your case, the PCM substream is corrupted by the discontinuity.
Then pulseaudio give up to use the device. As a result, sound menu
drops entry of the device.

I guess that the color of LED corresponds to the packet streaming.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:12:01AM +0100, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> But something new and maybe interesting for you : 
> 
> Oct 30 09:25:25 deiphobe pulseaudio[2589]: E: [alsa-sink-BeBoB] alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write.
> Oct 30 09:25:25 deiphobe pulseaudio[2589]: E: [alsa-sink-BeBoB] alsa- sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_bebob'.  Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
> Oct 30 09:25:25 deiphobe pulseaudio[2589]: E: [alsa-sink-BeBoB] alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.
 
Practically these logs can be ignored. (I work to suppress the above
lines in development period for Linux kernel v5.5.)
 
> **And in kern.log** : at the beggining in the boot sequence (?),
> between FS-cache lines and usb ones: 
> 
> Oct 27 21:54:36 deiphobe kernel: [    8.742105] FS-Cache: N-key=[8] '020001bdc0a800fe'
> 
> Oct 27 21:54:40 deiphobe kernel: [   12.768168] usb 3-4.1: reset high- speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
> Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.294126] snd-bebob fw1.0: transaction failed: no ack
> Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.294167] snd-bebob fw1.0: fail to get section type for isoc out plug 0: -5
> Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.294172] snd-bebob fw1.0: fail to run AMDTP slave stream:-5
> Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.306399] firewire_ohci 0000:05:01.0: DMA context still active (0x00000411)
> Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.318425] firewire_ohci 0000:05:01.0: DMA context still active (0x00000411)
> Oct 27 21:54:47 deiphobe kernel: [   20.311440] irq_handler: 20 callbacks suppressed
> Oct 27 21:54:47 deiphobe kernel: [   20.311441] firewire_ohci 0000:05:01.0: isochronous cycle inconsistent
> Oct 27 21:54:48 deiphobe kernel: [   21.322730] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1, gap_count=5
> 
> Oct 27 21:54:50 deiphobe kernel: [   22.970251] rfkill: input handler disabled
> Oct 27 20:55:10 deiphobe kernel: [   42.697284] usb 3-4.1: reset high- speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd

IEEE 1394 bus 'bus-reset' state. Just before/after the bus-reset, any
functionality easily fails. It's better to plug-in the device enough
after bootup.


Regards

Takashi Sakamoto
_______________________________________________
Alsa-devel mailing list
Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20
  2019-10-30 11:50       ` Takashi Sakamoto
@ 2019-10-30 14:40         ` Jean-Paul Argudo
  2019-11-09 12:36           ` Takashi Sakamoto
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Jean-Paul Argudo @ 2019-10-30 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Sakamoto; +Cc: alsa-devel

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 7224 bytes --]

Hi,

Le mercredi 30 octobre 2019 à 20:50 +0900, Takashi Sakamoto a écrit :
> Hi,
> 
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:40:18AM +0100, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> > > I'll install Eoan kernel and test my devices.
> > > (but I don't have Saffire and Saffire LE...) I'd like you to wait
> > > for my test report.
> > 
> > What I can say is that with kernel 4.13 under Ubunto Disco
> > everything
> > was fine :-(
> 
> I install Eoan (linux-image-5.3.0-19-generic:5.3.0-19.20) and test
> ALSA
> bebob driver with my test devices:
>  - Yamaha GO46 (DM1000 ASIC)
>  - M-Audio FireWire Solo (DM1000 ASIC)
>  - Behringer FCA610 (DM1500 ASIC)
>  - Focusrite SaffirePro 26 I/O (DM1000E)
> 
> However I don't find similar discontinuities. This means that you
> encounter model-specific issue as regression I didn't realized.

ok.

> 
> For my information, would you please get output from nodes on procfs?


$ cat /proc/asound/cards 
 0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xf7080000 irq 17
 1 [headset        ]: USB-Audio - Trust GXT 363 headset
                      C-Media Electronics Incÿ Trust GXT 363 headset at
usb-0000:00:14.0-7, full spe
 2 [U0x46d0x825    ]: USB-Audio - USB Device 0x46d:0x825
                      USB Device 0x46d:0x825 at usb-0000:00:14.0-4.1,
high speed
 3 [SaffireLE      ]: BeBoB - SaffireLE
                      Focusrite SaffireLE (id:2, rev:1), GUID
00130e010004394c at fw1.0, S400


>  * /proc/asound/cardX/firewire/clock

$ cat /proc/asound/card3/firewire/clock 
Sampling rate: 44100
Clock Source: Internal

>  * /proc/asound/cardX/firewire/firmware

$ cat /proc/asound/card3/firewire/firmware 
Manufacturer:	bridgeCo
Protocol Ver:	1
Build Ver:	0
GUID:		0x00130E010004394C
Model ID:	0x02
Model Rev:	1
Firmware Date:	20061207
Firmware Time:	140826
Firmware ID:	0x0
Firmware Ver:	16850194
Base Addr:	0x20080000
Max Size:	1572864
Loader Date:	20051019
Loader Time:	094952

>  * /proc/asound/cardX/firewire/formation

$ cat /proc/asound/card3/firewire/formation 
Output Stream from device:
	Rate	PCM	MIDI
	32000	0	0
	44100	6	1
	48000	6	1
	88200	6	1
	96000	6	1
	176400	0	0
	192000	0	0
Input Stream to device:
	Rate	PCM	MIDI
	32000	0	0
	44100	8	1
	48000	8	1
	88200	8	1
	96000	8	1
	176400	0	0
	192000	0	0

((I had to replug the interface to grab this information, off course...
It lasts a few seconds, sometimes minutes, then:
 * the interface is no longer online, turning from green to orange or
 * the interface is still green, but my computer is completely frozen
(except the mouse pointer :-P))

> Additionally, please install 'gir1.2-hinawa-2.0' package, then clone
> below remote repository:
>  * 
> https://github.com/takaswie/hinawa-utils

You forgot to mention a bit here :-)

For the record and former users of debian/ubuntu:

I had to get and install libhinawa-master.. for that, pip3 with meson,
ninja, lib + ubuntu package libgirepository1.0-dev

After the library was installed (with both sudo ninja install and/or
ninja install), I couldn't use it:

"ValueError: Namespace Hinawa not available"

**I really discourage anyone to try this hard way** : DO INSTEAD:

I finaly managed to download the "build" version of .debs here:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/libhinawa

Then 
sudo dpkg -i libhinawa-dev_1.4.0-1_amd64.deb libhinawa1_1.4.0-
1_amd64.deb gir1.2-hinawa-2.0_1.4.0-1_amd64.deb

Then I was finaly unable to use your hinawa-utils scripts !!!

> 
> This repository includes two scripts to get information from the device:
>  * hinawa-bebob-parser
>  * hinawa-bebob-connection-cui
> 
> When your device is detected as sound card '2' and your device is also
> detected as '/dev/fw1', execute below:
> 
> $ ./hinawa-bebob-connection-cui 2 graph-connections

 ./hinawa-bebob-connection-cui 3 graph-connections >
graph_connections.txt

(file attached here, hope it gets thru the ML)

> $ ./hinawa-bebob-parser 1 2

./hinawa-bebob-parser 1 2 > parser.txt

(same)

> 
> > At startup it lights green ok, but no sound is playable, then the
> > lights turn orange (like it is when it's not working), I hear a
> > "relay sound" (a electric clic of a relay), then, the Saffire LE
> > disapears from the sound menu in Ubuntu sound menu.
> 
> Once your device is detected and ALSA bebob driver bound to it,
> pulseaudio detects it and start PCM substream to get capabilities
> of the device.
> 
> In your case, the PCM substream is corrupted by the discontinuity.
> Then pulseaudio give up to use the device. As a result, sound menu
> drops entry of the device.
> 
> I guess that the color of LED corresponds to the packet streaming.

Thank you very much for the information :)

> 
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:12:01AM +0100, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> > But something new and maybe interesting for you : 
> > 
> > Oct 30 09:25:25 deiphobe pulseaudio[2589]: E: [alsa-sink-BeBoB] alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write.
> > Oct 30 09:25:25 deiphobe pulseaudio[2589]: E: [alsa-sink-BeBoB] alsa- sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_bebob'.  Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
> > Oct 30 09:25:25 deiphobe pulseaudio[2589]: E: [alsa-sink-BeBoB] alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.
>  
> Practically these logs can be ignored. (I work to suppress the above
> lines in development period for Linux kernel v5.5.)

OK.

>  
> > **And in kern.log** : at the beggining in the boot sequence (?),
> > between FS-cache lines and usb ones: 
> > 
> > Oct 27 21:54:36 deiphobe kernel: [    8.742105] FS-Cache: N-key=[8] '020001bdc0a800fe'
> > 
> > Oct 27 21:54:40 deiphobe kernel: [   12.768168] usb 3-4.1: reset high- speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
> > Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.294126] snd-bebob fw1.0: transaction failed: no ack
> > Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.294167] snd-bebob fw1.0: fail to get section type for isoc out plug 0: -5
> > Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.294172] snd-bebob fw1.0: fail to run AMDTP slave stream:-5
> > Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.306399] firewire_ohci 0000:05:01.0: DMA context still active (0x00000411)
> > Oct 27 21:54:45 deiphobe kernel: [   18.318425] firewire_ohci 0000:05:01.0: DMA context still active (0x00000411)
> > Oct 27 21:54:47 deiphobe kernel: [   20.311440] irq_handler: 20 callbacks suppressed
> > Oct 27 21:54:47 deiphobe kernel: [   20.311441] firewire_ohci 0000:05:01.0: isochronous cycle inconsistent
> > Oct 27 21:54:48 deiphobe kernel: [   21.322730] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1, gap_count=5
> > 
> > Oct 27 21:54:50 deiphobe kernel: [   22.970251] rfkill: input handler disabled
> > Oct 27 20:55:10 deiphobe kernel: [   42.697284] usb 3-4.1: reset high- speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
> 
> IEEE 1394 bus 'bus-reset' state. Just before/after the bus-reset, any
> functionality easily fails. It's better to plug-in the device enough
> after bootup.

I'll try this if any..

Typically, the unit gets up around the X.org starts... 

Thanks again!

Really hope the log info included here helps :)

++

> 
> 
> Regards
> 
> Takashi Sakamoto

[-- Attachment #2: parser.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 16627 bytes --]

{"units": {"isoc": {"output": {"0": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "PCR Compound Output", "channels": ["Rec 1", "Rec 3", "Rec 5", "Rec 2", "Rec 4", "Rec 6", "Midi In"], "clusters": ["Line12", "Line34", "SPDIF", "Midi"], "input": {"dir": "output", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 0}}, "outputs": []}, "1": {"type": "Sync", "name": "PCR Synch Output", "channels": ["SynchChannel 1"], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}}, "input": {"0": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "PCR Compound Input", "channels": ["Play 7", "Play 1", "Play 3", "Play 5", "Play 8", "Play 2", "Play 4", "Play 6", "Midi Out"], "clusters": ["Line12", "Line34", "Line56", "SPDIF", "Midi"], "input": [], "outputs": [{"dir": "input", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 0}}]}, "1": {"type": "Sync", "name": "PCR Synch Input", "channels": ["SynchChannel 1"], "clusters": [], "input": [], "outputs": []}}}, "external": {"output": {"0": {"type": "MIDI", "name": "Midi Output", "channels": ["Midi Out"], "clusters": [], "input": {"dir": "output", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 5}}, "outputs": []}, "1": {"type": "Digital", "name": "SPDIF Output", "channels": ["SPDIF Out L", "SPDIF Out R"], "clusters": [], "input": {"dir": "output", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 4}}, "outputs": []}, "2": {"type": "Analog", "name": "Analog Output 1/2", "channels": ["Out 1", "Out 2"], "clusters": [], "input": {"dir": "output", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 1}}, "outputs": []}, "3": {"type": "Analog", "name": "Analog Output 3/4", "channels": ["Out 3", "Out 4"], "clusters": [], "input": {"dir": "output", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 2}}, "outputs": []}, "4": {"type": "Analog", "name": "Analog Output 5/6", "channels": ["Out 5", "Out 6"], "clusters": [], "input": {"dir": "output", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 3}}, "outputs": []}}, "input": {"0": {"type": "MIDI", "name": "Midi Input", "channels": ["Midi In"], "clusters": [], "input": [], "outputs": [{"dir": "input", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 4}}]}, "1": {"type": "Analog", "name": "SPDIF Input", "channels": ["Rec 5", "Rec 6"], "clusters": [], "input": [], "outputs": [{"dir": "input", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 3}}]}, "2": {"type": "Analog", "name": "Analog Input 1/2", "channels": ["Rec 1", "Rec 2"], "clusters": [], "input": [], "outputs": [{"dir": "input", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 1}}]}, "3": {"type": "Analog", "name": "Analog Input 3/4", "channels": ["Rec 3", "Rec 4"], "clusters": [], "input": [], "outputs": [{"dir": "input", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 2}}]}, "4": {"type": "Sync", "name": "SPDIF Input Sync", "channels": ["SynchChannel 1"], "clusters": [], "input": [], "outputs": []}}}}, "subunits": {"audio": {"0": {"output": {"0": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "ASU Audio Output Ext 1/2", "channels": [], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}, "1": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "ASU Audio Output Ext 3/4", "channels": [], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}, "2": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "ASU Audio Output Ext 5/6", "channels": [], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}, "3": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "ASU Audio Output Ext 7/8", "channels": [], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}}, "input": {"0": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "ASU Audio Input 1394 1/2", "channels": [], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}, "1": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "ASU Audio Input 1394 3/4", "channels": [], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}, "2": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "ASU Audio Input 1394 5/6", "channels": [], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}, "3": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "ASU Audio Input 1394 7/8", "channels": [], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": []}}}}, "music": {"0": {"output": {"0": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Compound Output", "channels": ["Rec 1", "Rec 3", "Rec 5", "Rec 2", "Rec 4", "Rec 6", "Midi In"], "clusters": ["Line12", "Line34", "SPDIF", "Midi"], "input": {}, "outputs": [{"dir": "output", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "isoc", "plug": 0}}]}, "1": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Audio Output 1/2", "channels": ["Out 1", "Out 2"], "clusters": ["Line12"], "input": {}, "outputs": [{"dir": "output", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 2}}]}, "2": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Audio Output 3/4", "channels": ["Out 3", "Out 4"], "clusters": ["Line34"], "input": {}, "outputs": [{"dir": "output", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 3}}]}, "3": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Audio Output 5/6", "channels": ["Out 5", "Out 6"], "clusters": ["Line56"], "input": {}, "outputs": [{"dir": "output", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 4}}]}, "4": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Audio Output SPDIF", "channels": ["SPDIF Out L", "SPDIF Out R"], "clusters": ["SPDIF"], "input": {}, "outputs": [{"dir": "output", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 1}}]}, "5": {"type": "MIDI", "name": "MSU Midi Output", "channels": ["Midi Out"], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": [{"dir": "output", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 0}}]}, "6": {"type": "Sync", "name": "Internal Sync", "channels": ["SynchChannel 1"], "clusters": [], "input": {}, "outputs": [{"dir": "input", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 5}}]}}, "input": {"0": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Compound Input", "channels": ["Play 7", "Play 1", "Play 3", "Play 5", "Play 8", "Play 2", "Play 4", "Play 6", "Midi Out"], "clusters": ["Line12", "Line34", "Line56", "SPDIF", "Midi"], "input": {"dir": "input", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "isoc", "plug": 0}}, "outputs": []}, "1": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Audio Input 1/2", "channels": ["Rec 1", "Rec 2"], "clusters": ["Line12"], "input": {"dir": "input", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 2}}, "outputs": []}, "2": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Audio Input 3/4", "channels": ["Rec 3", "Rec 4"], "clusters": ["Line34"], "input": {"dir": "input", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 3}}, "outputs": []}, "3": {"type": "IsoStream", "name": "MSU Audio Input SPDIF", "channels": ["Rec 5", "Rec 6"], "clusters": ["SPDIF"], "input": {"dir": "input", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 1}}, "outputs": []}, "4": {"type": "MIDI", "name": "MSU Midi Input", "channels": ["Midi In"], "clusters": [], "input": {"dir": "input", "mode": "unit", "data": {"unit-type": "external", "plug": 0}}, "outputs": []}, "5": {"type": "Sync", "name": "MSU Synch Input", "channels": ["SynchChannel 1"], "clusters": [], "input": {"dir": "output", "mode": "subunit", "data": {"subunit-type": "music", "subunit-id": 0, "plug": 6}}, "outputs": []}}}}}, "function-blocks": {"audio": {"0": {}}, "music": {"0": {}}}, "stream-formats": {"isoc": {"output": {"0": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "MIDI-conformant"]}], "1": [{"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}]}, "input": {"0": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "MIDI-conformant"]}], "1": [{"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}]}}, "external": {"output": {"0": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["MIDI-conformant"]}], "1": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}], "2": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}], "3": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}], "4": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}]}, "input": {"0": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["MIDI-conformant"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["MIDI-conformant"]}], "1": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}], "2": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}], "3": [{"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 44100, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 48000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 88200, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Compound", "sampling-rate": 96000, "rate-control": "clock-based", "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw", "multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}], "4": [{"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}, {"type": "Sync", "rate-control": "clock-based", "sampling-rate": 22050, "formation": ["multi-bit-linear-audio-raw"]}]}}}}

[-- Attachment #3: graph_connections.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2188 bytes --]

digraph {
  rankdir = "LR"
  subgraph cluster_subunit_audio_0 {
    label = "audio subunit 0"
    subgraph cluster_subunit_audio_0_input {
      label = "input"
    subunit_0 [label = "ASU Audio Input 1394 1/2 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_1 [label = "ASU Audio Input 1394 3/4 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_2 [label = "ASU Audio Input 1394 5/6 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_3 [label = "ASU Audio Input 1394 7/8 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    }
    subgraph cluster_subunit_audio_0_output {
      label = "output"
    subunit_4 [label = "ASU Audio Output Ext 1/2 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_5 [label = "ASU Audio Output Ext 3/4 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_6 [label = "ASU Audio Output Ext 5/6 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_7 [label = "ASU Audio Output Ext 7/8 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    }
  }
  subgraph cluster_subunit_music_0 {
    label = "music subunit 0"
    subgraph cluster_subunit_music_0_input {
      label = "input"
    subunit_8 [label = "MSU Compound Input (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_9 [label = "MSU Audio Input 1/2 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_10 [label = "MSU Audio Input 3/4 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_11 [label = "MSU Audio Input SPDIF (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_12 [label = "MSU Midi Input (MIDI)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_13 [label = "MSU Synch Input (Sync)", shape = "box"]
    }
    subgraph cluster_subunit_music_0_output {
      label = "output"
    subunit_14 [label = "MSU Compound Output (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_15 [label = "MSU Audio Output 1/2 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_16 [label = "MSU Audio Output 3/4 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_17 [label = "MSU Audio Output 5/6 (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_18 [label = "MSU Audio Output SPDIF (IsoStream)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_19 [label = "MSU Midi Output (MIDI)", shape = "ellipse"]
    subunit_20 [label = "Internal Sync (Sync)", shape = "box"]
    }
  }
  subunit_14 -> unit_2 
  unit_0 -> subunit_8 
  subunit_20 -> subunit_13 [constraint=false]
}

[-- Attachment #4: Type: text/plain, Size: 161 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Alsa-devel mailing list
Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20
  2019-10-30 14:40         ` Jean-Paul Argudo
@ 2019-11-09 12:36           ` Takashi Sakamoto
  2019-11-10 20:26             ` Michael Beer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Takashi Sakamoto @ 2019-11-09 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Paul Argudo; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi,

I'm sorry to be late for reply but I have a short vacation in this week.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 03:40:03PM +0100, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> >  * /proc/asound/cardX/firewire/firmware
> 
> $ cat /proc/asound/card3/firewire/firmware 
> Manufacturer:	bridgeCo
> Protocol Ver:	1
> Build Ver:	0
> GUID:		0x00130E010004394C
> Model ID:	0x02
> Model Rev:	1
> Firmware Date:	20061207
> Firmware Time:	140826
> Firmware ID:	0x0
> Firmware Ver:	16850194
> Base Addr:	0x20080000
> Max Size:	1572864
> Loader Date:	20051019
> Loader Time:	094952

Before vacation I made arrangement to buy Focusrite Saffire LE in used
market and today it arrived. As long as I can see, the unit uses the same
firmware which your unit uses.

>>> At startup it lights green ok, but no sound is playable, then the
>>> lights turn orange (like it is when it's not working), I hear a
>>> "relay sound" (a electric clic of a relay), then, the Saffire LE
>>> disapears from the sound menu in Ubuntu sound menu.

I can regenerate this phenomena.

>>> I can see this in dmesg:
>>> 
>>> [   19.083583] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 10 50
>>> [   19.746665] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: A0 A8
>>> ...
>>> [  284.965508] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: D0 10
>>> [  285.469348] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 68 A8
>>> [  285.965174] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 20 60
>>> [  285.981618] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1,
>>> gap_count=5
>>> [  290.103982] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1, gap_count=5

I can see as well.

Then, I realized that these discontinuity occurs in packet streaming
of 'second or later'. In short, once disconnection of packet streaming,
the unit transfers packets with discontinuity in packet streaming of
reconnection. Furthermore, the discontinuity is in the early isoc
cycles of packet streaming.

I've already commit to avoid the detection of discontinuity in recent
commit for v5.5 kernel (under development):
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/firewire/bebob?id=acfedcbe1ce4c69e1da914f39c02d945c80198d4

In this patch, isoc packets from the device are captured enough after
connection to skip early cycles of packet streaming, thus the
discontinuity is not detected.

As long as I tested, this version of ALSA BeBoB driver works well with
the device. I'd like you to test with backport drivers as well:
https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve


Regards

Takashi Sakamoto
_______________________________________________
Alsa-devel mailing list
Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20
  2019-11-09 12:36           ` Takashi Sakamoto
@ 2019-11-10 20:26             ` Michael Beer
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Michael Beer @ 2019-11-10 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Paul Argudo, Takashi Sakamoto; +Cc: alsa-devel



"Takashi Sakamoto" <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp> – November 9, 2019 1:38 PM
> Hi,
> 
> I'm sorry to be late for reply but I have a short vacation in this week.
> 
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 03:40:03PM +0100, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> > > * /proc/asound/cardX/firewire/firmware
> > 
> > $ cat /proc/asound/card3/firewire/firmware 
> > Manufacturer: bridgeCo
> > Protocol Ver: 1
> > Build Ver: 0
> > GUID: 0x00130E010004394C
> > Model ID: 0x02
> > Model Rev: 1
> > Firmware Date: 20061207
> > Firmware Time: 140826
> > Firmware ID: 0x0
> > Firmware Ver: 16850194
> > Base Addr: 0x20080000
> > Max Size: 1572864
> > Loader Date: 20051019
> > Loader Time: 094952
> 
> Before vacation I made arrangement to buy Focusrite Saffire LE in used
> market and today it arrived. As long as I can see, the unit uses the same
> firmware which your unit uses.
> 
> >>> At startup it lights green ok, but no sound is playable, then the
> >>> lights turn orange (like it is when it's not working), I hear a
> >>> "relay sound" (a electric clic of a relay), then, the Saffire LE
> >>> disapears from the sound menu in Ubuntu sound menu.
> 
> I can regenerate this phenomena.
> 
> >>> I can see this in dmesg:
> >>> 
> >>> [ 19.083583] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 10 50
> >>> [ 19.746665] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: A0 A8
> >>> ...
> >>> [ 284.965508] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: D0 10
> >>> [ 285.469348] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 68 A8
> >>> [ 285.965174] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: 20 60
> >>> [ 285.981618] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1,
> >>> gap_count=5
> >>> [ 290.103982] firewire_core 0000:05:01.0: phy config: new root=ffc1,
> gap_count=5
> 
> I can see as well.
> 
> Then, I realized that these discontinuity occurs in packet streaming
> of 'second or later'. In short, once disconnection of packet streaming,
> the unit transfers packets with discontinuity in packet streaming of
> reconnection. Furthermore, the discontinuity is in the early isoc
> cycles of packet streaming.
> 
> I've already commit to avoid the detection of discontinuity in recent
> commit for v5.5 kernel (under development):
> git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/firewire/bebob
> 
> In this patch, isoc packets from the device are captured enough after
> connection to skip early cycles of packet streaming, thus the
> discontinuity is not detected.
> 
> As long as I tested, this version of ALSA BeBoB driver works well with
> the device. I'd like you to test with backport drivers as well:
> github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve
> 
> 
> Regards
> 
> Takashi Sakamoto
> _______________________________________________
> Alsa-devel mailing list
> Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
> mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel
_______________________________________________
Alsa-devel mailing list
Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-10-30  8:10 [alsa-devel] snd-bebob : from kernel 4.13 to 5.3.19 and .20 Jean-Paul Argudo
2019-10-30  9:15 ` Takashi Sakamoto
2019-10-30  9:40   ` Jean-Paul Argudo
     [not found]     ` <c4b792255de178094fd53d80a25fc75b795e3acb.camel@argudo.org>
2019-10-30 11:50       ` Takashi Sakamoto
2019-10-30 14:40         ` Jean-Paul Argudo
2019-11-09 12:36           ` Takashi Sakamoto
2019-11-10 20:26             ` Michael Beer

Alsa-Devel Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/alsa-devel/0 alsa-devel/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 alsa-devel alsa-devel/ https://lore.kernel.org/alsa-devel \
		alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
	public-inbox-index alsa-devel

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.alsa-project.alsa-devel


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git