On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 06:37:41PM +0100, Jerome Brunet wrote: > > My first question here would be why you'd want to do that rather than > > combine everything into a single component since the hardware seems to > > be doing that anyway. Hopefully the rest of the series will answer this > > but it'd be good in the changelog here. > Do you think there is something wrong with a linux device providing > several ASoC components ? I don't know that it's actively wrong, it's more a comment about the changelog only describing the what of the change and not the why - the original idea for a component was that there should be a 1:1 mapping between components and devices but as you say it's not actually a big change to let things get split up more.