Hi, On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 04:15:22PM +0200, Peter Ujfalusi wrote: > > I suppose in the end its a question if generic card can provide TDM > > support. > > Sure it can, but can it handle the switching between the paths based on > use cases? > There should be machine level DAPM widgets to kick codec2codec (MDM6600 > - CPAC_voice for example) and also to make sure that when you switch > between them the system is not going to get misconfigured. > Switching between CPAC and BT route during call? > Not allowing VoIP while on call, etc. I think the main issue is, that based on the route configuration (which could be a simple DAPM widget generated by the simple-graph-card), we may need to configure different bitrates. Tony's hack adding this knowledge to the cpcap driver is very ugly. > >> In case of B/C you should not have a running stream imho. > > > > I would expect, that MDM6600 codec marks itself as running/stopped > > based on call state. That should enable DAPM widgets automatically > > when CPCAP_voice is routed to MDM6600? > > > >> In all cases CPCAP_voice should be able to run the clocks on i2s, > >> even if it is not used by the audio setup. > >> Not sure if you can just turn Wl1285 as master, but it is possible > >> that it is master, but silent when it is not used? > > > > I provided CPCAP registers for BT call, which should be enough to > > figure this out (I did not yet analyze the results myself). > > I got the datasheet from NXP (thanks for the pointer!), I try to look at > it in a coming days. FWIW the datasheet is not for the same chip, but for a similar one. The audio part seems to be very similar though. -- Sebastian