On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 01:04:05PM +0200, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote: > On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 10:28:42AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > I've asked a couple of times for documentation of the protocol here but > > don't think I've seen anything yet? > Sorry, we were thinking about the best way to reply. I think Liam will > provide more procise information. The API we are using is the same as > what is already used by SOF to communicate with the DSP firmware. With > VirtIO we re-use the same IPC messages as those, used with the DSP, > they are just transmitted over Virtual Queues. Additionally to existing Quickly scanning through the code it's explicitly talking about things like back ends and front ends... In any case talking to virtualization people they strongly recommend that any new virtio stuff should be documented up front.