On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 10:27:47PM +0000, Tomasz Figa wrote: > On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 08:02:26PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > Please think hard before including complete backtraces in upstream > > reports, they are very large and contain almost no useful information > > relative to their size so often obscure the relevant content in your > > message. If part of the backtrace is usefully illustrative (it often is > > for search engines if nothing else) then it's usually better to pull out > > the relevant sections. > Okay, I'll trim things down next time. Somehow I was convinced it's a > common practice. It is unfortunately far more common than it should be but that doesn't mean that it's a good idea!