On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 03:04:31PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote: > Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote: > > Why? Who said it was PCI only? We already take care of DMIC, > > SoundWire, Google Chromebooks, open platforms, why not ACPI? It's just > > one API to be used when more than one driver can register to the same > > device. > Well, currently intel-dsp-config sits in sound/hda, which isn't really > intuitive. Though, Intel driver file paths are already fairly > scattered, so it doesn't matter too much :) > I don't mind to move it to another directory, but which one...? > x86 might match, but shuffling the place won't help for maintenance. Yeah, I don't have a strong opinion here on location. I'm not sure there is any decision which won't have downsides. > I personally find this move good, at least it makes things easier for > distros. There are small details like the above, but technically > seen, I see no big problem. Indeed - this isn't ideal but that's more a product of the situation we're in, this seems to improve it so it seems like a win to me and the distros and other people dealing with end users seem happy in so far as they've spoken up. Would you be OK with me applying the ALSA patches in here?