On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 01:58:12PM +0800, Shengjiu Wang wrote: > On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:58 PM Mark Brown wrote: > > I'm not sure having two DAIs is an issue if you have them running the > > smae format - does it cause any practical problems or is it just that it > > doesn't seem elegant to you? There were quite a few devices that pretty > > much just had two unidirectional DAIs, in those cases it seems like a > > sensible representation for the hardware. If you can set unrelated > > formats on transmit and receive then it's not clear that it's actually > > the same DAI in anything except logical labelling. > When an i2s device, Sometimes it is connected as async mode, there is > different clock for tx and rx then there should be two DAIs, Sometimes > it is connected as sync mode, then there should be one DAI. > So we need to register different DAIs according to the async or sync mode > when the driver probes. right? You should just be able to connect the same device twice for the other end of the link, once for Tx and once for Rx.