Clemens and Stefan, Can I request your comments about attached patch? This is for adding support of deferred transaction into snd-firewire-lib. I confirm some BeBoB devices use this type of transaction. If you have no negative comments, I'll add this patch for my series. For 'undefined interval' between INTERIM and final response, I want to use 'FCP_TIMEOUT_MS' (=125msec) again. In specifications which I can read, there is no limit for this interval. But I need to promise to finish this function for callers. According to AV/C general specification, targets can send INTERIM response one time. But this patch allows to accept several ITERIM responses for device quirks. I don't have devices which have such quirks, but there may be such devices and I want to make codes simpler. Regards Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp