alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* [alsa-devel] alsa-ucm-conf via portage on arm
@ 2020-02-14 18:23 Curtis Malainey
From: Curtis Malainey @ 2020-02-14 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALSA development, Takashi Iwai, Jaroslav Kysela
  Cc: Dylan Reid, Jimmy Cheng-Yi Chiang

Hello Takashi and Jaroslav,

There appears to be a upstream package issue for alsa-ucm-conf in that
portage seems to have it restricted to x86 and amd64 platforms. Given
the nature of the ucms I figure this is an error and was hoping you
know who to speak to in order to resolve this. If this isn't an error
what can I do to help get the repo to state in which it is supported
on arm/arm64?

See https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/media-libs/alsa-ucm-conf/alsa-ucm-conf-1.2.1.2.ebuild?id=dd3e0570e2465639431709bce0410b787d312bbe

Curtis

* Re: [alsa-devel] alsa-ucm-conf via portage on arm
@ 2020-02-14 18:38 ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2020-02-14 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Curtis Malainey, ALSA development, Takashi Iwai
  Cc: Dylan Reid, Jimmy Cheng-Yi Chiang

Dne 14. 02. 20 v 19:23 Curtis Malainey napsal(a):
> Hello Takashi and Jaroslav,
>
> There appears to be a upstream package issue for alsa-ucm-conf in that
> portage seems to have it restricted to x86 and amd64 platforms. Given
> the nature of the ucms I figure this is an error and was hoping you
> know who to speak to in order to resolve this. If this isn't an error
> what can I do to help get the repo to state in which it is supported
> on arm/arm64?
>
> See https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/media-libs/alsa-ucm-conf/alsa-ucm-conf-1.2.1.2.ebuild?id=dd3e0570e2465639431709bce0410b787d312bbe
>
> Curtis

It's Gentoo specific and you see signed-off-by in this commit.

Did you contact this person (Lars Wendler) from Gentoo?

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

* Re: [alsa-devel] alsa-ucm-conf via portage on arm
@ 2020-02-14 18:45   ` Curtis Malainey
From: Curtis Malainey @ 2020-02-14 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela
  Cc: ALSA development, Dylan Reid, Takashi Iwai, Jimmy Cheng-Yi Chiang

Not yet, that was going to be my follow up. I just wanted to make sure
there is not ALSA restriction first. I assumed there wasn't but
figured better safe than sorry. I will follow up with Lars.