alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
* [alsa-devel] issue with jack detect using rt5645
@ 2019-11-07 22:31 Ross Zwisler
From: Ross Zwisler @ 2019-11-07 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bard Liao, Hans de Goede, Takashi Iwai, Mark Brown
  Cc: Curtis Malainey, alsa-devel, Jacob Rasmussen, Fletcher Woodruff

We are trying to get a piece of Google hardware which uses the rt5645
driver working correctly with newer kernels (currently one based on
the latest v4.14 stable), and noticed that the following commit:

commit 6b5da66322c5 ("ASoC: rt5645: read jd1_1 status for jd detection")

broke jack support for our device.  Basically with that patch we never
correctly see a jack insertion event, and audio is never routed to the
headphones.

With just that one patch reverted, things work correctly on our
system.  The revert applies cleanly to linus/master.

Here is the series where that patch was originally upstreamed:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg64331.html

If we reverted that patch upstream, would it break other devices (the
"GDP Win" device?) that use the rt5645 driver?  If so, how would you
recommend proceeding?

Does anyone have one of the "GDP Win" devices so we can test that and
our device and make sure whatever solution we end up coming up with
works for everyone?

Thanks,
- Ross