alsa-devel.alsa-project.org archive mirror
From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
To: u34@net9.ga
Cc: alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
Subject: Re: Is it a regression? 5.15.5: No sound with speaker-test. 5.12.13: it works.
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 10:16:27 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 14:03:05 +0100,
u34@net9.ga wrote:

> The following looks to me a regression in the linux sound driver.
> alsa-info.sh output is included at the bottom of this message. There are 2
> outputs. An output with a 5.12.13 kernel. The other output is with a
> 5.15.5. They were obtained with the same PC. With 5.12.13, the
> speaker-test program works as expected. There is no sound when the
> speaker-test program is ran with 5.15.5.
> 5.15.5 has
>     options snd-hda-intel id=PCH index=0
>     options snd-hda-intel id=HDMI index=1
> , which 5.12.13 does not have.

Both those lines conflict with each other, so they make no sense and
are already incorrect.

If you want to swap the card indices inevitably needed, just pass a
single option line below instead.

  options snd-hda-intel index=1,0

And how did you invoke speaker-test?  Is it only about speaker-test
and aplay works as is?

Takashi