Alsa-Devel Archive on lore.kernel.org
* HP NB right speaker no sound
@ 2020-07-30  5:53 Kailang
From: Kailang @ 2020-07-30  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai (tiwai@suse.de); +Cc:  (alsa-devel@alsa-project.org)

Hi Takashi,

HP NB platform right side speaker no sound.
Attach patch was help EC to initial I2S Amp normally.
Thanks.

BR,
Kailang

[-- Attachment #2: 0000-alc285-hp-amp-init.patch --]

* Re: HP NB right speaker no sound
@ 2020-07-30  8:17 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2020-07-30  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kailang; +Cc:  (alsa-devel@alsa-project.org)

Kailang wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> HP NB platform right side speaker no sound.
> Attach patch was help EC to initial I2S Amp normally.
> Thanks.
>
> BR,
> Kailang
> [2 0000-alc285-hp-amp-init.patch <application/octet-stream (base64)>]
>

> Hi Takashi,
>
> HP NB platform right side speaker no sound.
> Attach patch was help EC to initial I2S Amp normally.
> Thanks.
>
> BR,
> Kailang

Thanks, applied now.

If I understand correctly from your patch description, it implies the
GPIO1 high, and that's already done in the chained quirk?

Takashi

* RE: HP NB right speaker no sound
@ 2020-07-30  8:53   ` Kailang
From: Kailang @ 2020-07-30  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc:  (alsa-devel@alsa-project.org)

No.
BIOS verb table had fill GPIO1 to high already.
BIOS verb table had fill PD pin to test mode.
It will cause GPIO1 to low.
This case just need to disable PD pin test mode. GPIO1 will return to high.

@ 2020-07-30 11:42     ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2020-07-30 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kailang; +Cc:  (alsa-devel@alsa-project.org)

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 10:53:35 +0200,

> [...]