AMD-GFX Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Fenghua Yu <fenghua.yu@intel.com>
To: Yong Zhao <Yong.Zhao@amd.com>, Felix Kuehling <Felix.Kuehling@amd.com>
Cc: amd-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: drm/amdkfd: Change pasid's type to unsigned int
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 12:25:54 -0700

Hi, Yong,

In commit: 6027b1bf6071fc61a5aa11b9922a2e0e91bff1ea
    drm/amdkfd: Use hex print format for pasid

pasid's type was change to "uint16_t" from "unsigned int" in
struct kfd_process.

But, pasid is a 20-bit value according to PCIe spec and other places
in amdkfd (plus other iommu code) define pasid as "unsigned int".
If defined as uint16_t, pasid will overflow if its value is bigger than 16-bit.

Did I miss anything? Should we change pasid's type back to "unsigned int"?

[a little background: pasid is defined as various types including "int",
"unsigned int", "u32" in iommu. I'm changing pasid's types to "unsigned int"
so that the types are consistent in iommu]

Thanks.

-Fenghua