amd-gfx.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* XDC 2020: Registration & Call for Proposals now open!
@ 2020-05-15 14:15 Szwichtenberg, Radoslaw
From: Szwichtenberg, Radoslaw @ 2020-05-15 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: events, xorg-devel, wayland-devel, dri-devel, mesa-dev, amd-gfx,
	etnaviv, freedreno, nouveau, intel-gfx
  Cc: board

Hello!

Registration & Call for Proposals are now open for XDC 2020, which will
take place at the Gdańsk University of Technology in Gdańsk, Poland on September 16-18, 2020.

Thanks to LWN.net for hosting the website again this year!

    https://xdc2020.x.org

As usual, the conference is free of charge and open to the general public. If you plan on attending, please make sure to register as early as possible! However, don't book any travel or hotel until the organization decides if we keep the conference as it is or there is any change. Please read this message on the website for more information:

https://xdc2020.x.org/event/9/page/78-covid-19

In order to register as attendee, you will therefore need to register via the XDC
website. However, as XDC is sharing the same Indico infrastructure as
LPC, if you previously registered on the LPC website
(linuxplumbersconference.org) or on the XDC 2019 website (xdc2019.x.org), then you already have an active account
and can use the same username & password to login!

    https://xdc2020.x.org/event/9/registrations/7/

In addition to registration, the CfP is now open for talks, workshops
and demos at XDC 2020. While any serious proposal will be gratefully
considered, topics of interest to X.Org and freedesktop.org developers
are encouraged. The program focus is on new development, ongoing
challenges and anything else that will spark discussions among
attendees in the hallway track.

We are open to talks across all layers of the graphics stack, from the
kernel to desktop environments / graphical applications and about how
to make things better for the developers who build them. Head to the
CfP page to learn more:

    https://xdc2020.x.org/event/9/abstracts/

The deadline for submissions is Sunday, 5 July 2020.

Notice that the event may end up being postponed, converted to a fully online conference, or even a hybrid one (physical event + some remote talks). It depends on how COVID-19 situation evolves in the different countries and the restrictions we will have at that time.
Also, some people may decide to skip the physical conference to avoid any risk of infection. Because of that, please indicate in your talk submission if you prefer to give a remote talk in the case that XDC keeps being a physical event this year. Similarly, if you think that your talk makes no sense if XDC ends up being a fully-virtual conference, please indicate that in the notes of the talk submission.

If COVID-19 situation allows it, we are looking forward to seeing you in Gdańsk! If you have any questions, please send me an email to radoslaw.szwichtenberg@intel.com,  adding on CC the X.org board (board at foundation.x.org).

And don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter for all the latest
updates and to stay connected:

    https://twitter.com/xdc2020

Best,

Radek

* Re: [Mesa-dev] XDC 2020: Registration & Call for Proposals now open!
@ 2020-06-23  7:29 ` Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez
From: Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez @ 2020-06-23  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Szwichtenberg, Radoslaw, events, xorg-devel, wayland-devel,
	dri-devel, mesa-dev, amd-gfx, etnaviv, freedreno, nouveau,
	intel-gfx
  Cc: board