Am 14.12.20 um 10:56 schrieb Kalle Valo: > (Bcc: people reporting qca6390 problems) > > Hi, > > there are updates in ath11k-qca6390-bringup branch[1] and the new tag > is: > > ath11k-qca6390-bringup-202012140938 > > The changes are: > > * rebase to v5.10 released last night > > * remove unneeded patch "HACK: ath11k: add delays to suspend and resume handlers" > > * add wink's workaround for MHI M2 issues: "HACK: mhi: disable M2 state" > > * add workaround for 32M firmare memory problem: "HACK: Revert > "mm/page_alloc: place pages to tail in __free_pages_core()"" > > * add patch: "ath11k: start vdev if a bss peer is already created" > > All feedback very welcome, both positive and negative. You can send > them privately to me or to the public ath11k list. > > Especially I would like to hear how Dell XPS 13 9310 laptops are > behaving. I'm hoping that ath11k would be usable using this branch, > without any extra patches or memmap hacks. If I get positive feedback > my plan is to send "dummy instructions" for a wider audience how to > use QCA6390 on Dell laptops with Linux. Hi Kalle, just compiled the kernel with the attached settings and even with the messages in dmesg, it seems to work extremely well on my Dell XPS 9310. In addition to use the updated bringup-branch, I also updated my BIOS to version 1.1.4 and disabled the "Fastboot" mode in the BIOS setup. > In the reports try to include at least: > > * name of the bringup branch tag you used ath11k-qca6390-bringup-202012140938 > > * if there are other changes in the kernel, patches, reverts etc No code changes to the kernel, just some kernel configs enabled as previously suggested (see attached config). > > * do you use the memmap kernel parameter This kernel parameter is not set explicitly in the boot options > > * make and model of the laptop/computer (eg. Dell XPS 13 9310) It is the Dell XPS 13 9310 > > * how much testing you did I tested both the Wifi and also connected some Bluetooth headsets simultaneously (and streaming some music and downloads to stress test both connections). My tests ran for about 45 minutes, in which I put the system to standby three times and also did some wandering around in the hope to have a handover between different access points. During all this time, the connection seemed to be stable, even if the Gnome Network Manager sometimes reported a question mark as status. Also, both Wifi an Bluetooth were available after each standby. Thank everybody involved for their work on this, if there are any out debug outputs or configurations I should share I would be happy to. Best, Thomas > All feedback is very valuable and gives us guidance on what we need to > focus on. > > Kalle > > [1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kvalo/ath.git/log/?h=ath11k-qca6390-bringup