ath11k.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* WCN6855 board-2.bin update date?
@ 2023-01-22  7:24 Shengyu Qu
From: Shengyu Qu @ 2023-01-22  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath11k

Hello,
I'm using WCN6855 in my notebook currently. There is no related
calibration information for my card OEM version in linux-firmware
version of board-2.bin now. And correct calibration information already
exists in Kalle's git repo. So I'm asking when could we get a update in
linux-firmware? I'm using Ubuntu, and almost every apt upgrade would
overwrite newer board-2.bin with linux-firmware one, which really annoys me.
Shengyu

* Re: WCN6855 board-2.bin update date?
@ 2023-02-13 11:55 ` Kalle Valo
From: Kalle Valo @ 2023-02-13 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shengyu Qu; +Cc: ath11k

Shengyu Qu <wiagn233@outlook.com> writes:

> I'm using WCN6855 in my notebook currently. There is no related
> calibration information for my card OEM version in linux-firmware
> version of board-2.bin now. And correct calibration information already
> exists in Kalle's git repo. So I'm asking when could we get a update in
> linux-firmware? I'm using Ubuntu, and almost every apt upgrade would
> overwrite newer board-2.bin with linux-firmware one, which really annoys me.

IIRC dpkg has a some kind of "do not overwrite a file" feature, you
might want to see if that works as a temporary workaround. But I'm
planning to submit a pull request to linux-firmware soon.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches