ath9k-devel.lists.ath9k.org archive mirror
* [ath9k-devel] I can't find ath9k ofdm mapping part
@ 2016-10-18  5:46 SangHyuk Kim
From: SangHyuk Kim @ 2016-10-18  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Dear all,

I'm using ath9k_ar9003 type and ath9k_htc type.

And I'm studying how packet be transmitted through wifi driver.

I have researched from application layer to phy and I'm done to the MAC
layer.

However, I can't find any parts about data mapping to carriers.

As I know, for OFDM, there're several subcarrier in specific bandwidth and
user data(payload) fills subcarrier.

Which part responsible for mapping?

It is implemented at firmware level ?

Please help me !

Thanks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] I can't find ath9k ofdm mapping part
@ 2016-10-19 20:54 ` Adrian Chadd
From: Adrian Chadd @ 2016-10-19 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

hi,

it's done for you in the chip in hardware. not firmware.

-a

@ 2016-10-20  0:47   ` SangHyuk Kim
From: SangHyuk Kim @ 2016-10-20  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Thank you for your reply.

Then can I control (modify) hardware operating ?

If it's possible, how can I approach that ?

@ 2016-10-26  3:29     ` Adrian Chadd
From: Adrian Chadd @ 2016-10-26  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On 19 October 2016 at 17:47, SangHyuk Kim <tkdgur7896@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Then can I control (modify) hardware operating ?
>
> If it's possible, how can I approach that ?

You can control what TX rate is used, TX power, number of streams, etc
by TX descriptor fields. But it all maps to the known 11abgn encoding
types.

-adrian