audit.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Paul Moore <paul@paul-moore.com>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: audit@vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: [GIT PULL] audit/audit-pr-20240105
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 18:20:52 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi Linus,

I realize this is a little early, but my network access is expected to
be a little spotty the first half of next week so I wanted to get the
Linux v6.8 pull requests out now.  The audit PR is a fairly minor one
with only two patches:

* Send an audit ACK to userspace immediately upon receiving an auditd
registration event as opposed to waiting until the registration has
been fully processed and the audit backlog starts filling the netlink
buffers.  Sending the ACK earlier, as done in this PR, is still safe
as the operation should not fail at the point when the ACK is done,
and doing so helps avoid the ACK being dropped in extreme situations.

* Update the audit MAINTAINERS entry with additional information.
There isn't anything in this update that should be new to regular
contributors or list subscribers, but I'm pushing to start documenting
our processes, conventions, etc. and this seems like an important part
of that.

Thanks,
-Paul

--
The following changes since commit b85ea95d086471afb4ad062012a4d73cd328fa86:

  Linux 6.7-rc1 (2023-11-12 16:19:07 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pcmoore/audit.git
    tags/audit-pr-20240105

for you to fetch changes up to 4e8714b76613e6284b263274d6dddcfac24be262:

  MAINTAINERS: update the audit entry (2023-11-15 12:24:00 -0500)

audit/stable-6.8 PR 20240105

Chris Riches (1):
      audit: Send netlink ACK before setting connection in auditd_set

Paul Moore (1):
      MAINTAINERS: update the audit entry

 MAINTAINERS    |  6 +++++-

paul-moore.com