On 09/23/2018 10:17 PM, Johannes Berg wrote: > On Sun, 2018-09-23 at 19:45 +0200, Hauke Mehrtens wrote: >> The hostap and atmel wireless driver now make use of the >> proc_create_single_data() function which can not easily be backported. >> As these drivers are not used too often just deactivate them on older >> kernel versions for now. > > It should be pretty easy to backport based on proc_create_data(), which > has been around since 2.6.26? > > johannes One of the upstream commits is this: https://git.kernel.org/linus/d51269592c327fcfe8ec80fd169a84f8dc0de73b The problem is that these function also get some data so we would have to provide the data and the show function pointer and store it somewhere. Most of the proc structures are also private so we can not easily abuse some unused member. The affected drivers are anyway not used much any more. Hauke