backports.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* .coredump spatch
@ 2018-09-17 21:39 Hauke Mehrtens
From: Hauke Mehrtens @ 2018-09-17 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: backports; +Cc: aspriel, Johannes Berg, John Crispin

The device structure now has this .coredump member which is also used by
some wireless drivers, see here for example:
https://git.kernel.org/linus/8e072168f75ebce85b96cbcefea2b10ddbd5913f

I tried to create a spatch for this, but I failed to match the driver
member because it is embedded inside an other structure, it looks like
this for example:

static struct pci_driver brcmf_pciedrvr = {
	.driver.coredump = brcmf_dev_coredump,
};

I would like to convert this to this:

static struct pci_driver brcmf_pciedrvr = {
#if LINUX_VERSION_IS_GEQ(4,16,0)
	.driver.coredump = brcmf_dev_coredump,
#endif
};

Hauke

* Re: .coredump spatch
@ 2018-09-18  6:28 ` Omer Efrat
From: Omer Efrat @ 2018-09-18  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hauke Mehrtens, backports; +Cc: aspriel, Johannes Berg, John Crispin

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:

> The device structure now has this .coredump member which is also used by
> some wireless drivers, see here for example:
> https://git.kernel.org/linus/8e072168f75ebce85b96cbcefea2b10ddbd5913f
>=20
> I tried to create a spatch for this, but I failed to match the driver
> member because it is embedded inside an other structure, it looks like
> this for example:
>=20
> static struct pci_driver brcmf_pciedrvr =3D {
>         .driver.coredump =3D brcmf_dev_coredump,
> };
>=20
> I would like to convert this to this:
>=20
> static struct pci_driver brcmf_pciedrvr =3D {
> #if LINUX_VERSION_IS_GEQ(4,16,0)
>         .driver.coredump =3D brcmf_dev_coredump,
> #endif
> };
>=20
> Hauke

I think you should have a look at 0075-ndo-stats-64.cocci for a good refere=
nce.

Omer.=

* Re: .coredump spatch
@ 2018-09-18  6:28   ` Omer Efrat
From: Omer Efrat @ 2018-09-18  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hauke Mehrtens, backports; +Cc: aspriel, Johannes Berg, John Crispin

@ 2018-09-18 21:49   ` Hauke Mehrtens
From: Hauke Mehrtens @ 2018-09-18 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omer Efrat, backports; +Cc: aspriel, Johannes Berg, John Crispin

On 09/18/2018 08:28 AM, Omer Efrat wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
>
>> The device structure now has this .coredump member which is also used by
>> some wireless drivers, see here for example:
>> https://git.kernel.org/linus/8e072168f75ebce85b96cbcefea2b10ddbd5913f
>>
>> I tried to create a spatch for this, but I failed to match the driver
>> member because it is embedded inside an other structure, it looks like
>> this for example:
>>
>> static struct pci_driver brcmf_pciedrvr = {
>>         .driver.coredump = brcmf_dev_coredump,
>> };
>>
>> I would like to convert this to this:
>>
>> static struct pci_driver brcmf_pciedrvr = {
>> #if LINUX_VERSION_IS_GEQ(4,16,0)
>>         .driver.coredump = brcmf_dev_coredump,
>> #endif
>> };
>>
>> Hauke
>
> I think you should have a look at 0075-ndo-stats-64.cocci for a good reference.
>
> Omer.

Hi Omer,

Thanks for the hint, but I already tried something like that.
The suggested code looks like this:

struct net_device_ops OPS@p = {
+#if LINUX_VERSION_IS_GEQ(4,11,0)
	.ndo_get_stats64 = stats64_fn,
+#else
+	.ndo_get_stats64 = stats64_fn_wrap,
+#endif
};

This directly uses a member of a structure, but the .coredump is in a
structure which is embedded in a different structure like this:

struct pci_driver {
	struct device_driver	driver;
};

struct device_driver {
	void (*coredump) (struct device *dev);
};

Hauke

* Re: .coredump spatch
@ 2018-09-19  8:49 ` Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2018-09-19  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hauke Mehrtens, backports; +Cc: aspriel, John Crispin

On Mon, 2018-09-17 at 23:39 +0200, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> The device structure now has this .coredump member which is also used by
> some wireless drivers, see here for example:
> https://git.kernel.org/linus/8e072168f75ebce85b96cbcefea2b10ddbd5913f
>
> I tried to create a spatch for this

How did you try? This seems to work for me:

@@
identifier drv, fn;
@@
static struct pci_driver drv = {