backports.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* .coredump spatch
@ 2018-09-17 21:39 Hauke Mehrtens
From: Hauke Mehrtens @ 2018-09-17 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: backports; +Cc: aspriel, Johannes Berg, John Crispin

The device structure now has this .coredump member which is also used by
some wireless drivers, see here for example:
https://git.kernel.org/linus/8e072168f75ebce85b96cbcefea2b10ddbd5913f

I tried to create a spatch for this, but I failed to match the driver
member because it is embedded inside an other structure, it looks like
this for example:

static struct pci_driver brcmf_pciedrvr = {
	.driver.coredump = brcmf_dev_coredump,
};

I would like to convert this to this:

static struct pci_driver brcmf_pciedrvr = {
#if LINUX_VERSION_IS_GEQ(4,16,0)
	.driver.coredump = brcmf_dev_coredump,
#endif
};