backports.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* generate backport error
@ 2020-06-01  9:19 Shetu Ayalew
From: Shetu Ayalew @ 2020-06-01  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: backports

Hi,

I'm trying to run the the gentree.py.
I use coccinelle 1.0.7 and the following tree -
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/

with few different tags the last one was v5.7-rc3-1 (for backports
tree)  and v5.7-rc3 (for the Linux tree).

and I get error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./gentree.py", line 1107, in <module>
     ret = _main()
   File "./gentree.py", line 724, in _main
     logwrite=logwrite)
   File "./gentree.py", line 914, in process
     kver = gen_version.kernelversion(bpid.project_dir)
   File
"/.autodirect/swgwork/shetu/upstream/backports/lib/bpversion.py", line
40, in kernelversion
     _check(process)
   File
"/.autodirect/swgwork/shetu/upstream/backports/lib/bpversion.py", line
11, in _check
     raise ExecutionError(process.returncode)
lib.bpversion.ExecutionError

To my understanding the source of the above error is the fail of the run
of the following command that the script executes:

"make --no-print-directory -C  /swgwork/shetu/upstream/backport_vr
kernelversion"

The error I get is "you shouldn't run make in the backports tree, but
only in the generated output ...".

But the directory backport_vr is not under the backports tree. Moreover
I tried running make kernelversion

from backport_vr and I got the same error message. Do you familiar with
this probelm, any idea how to solve it ?

Thanks,

Shetu.