b.a.t.m.a.n.lists.open-mesh.org archive mirror
* Re: Inquiry about Communication Issue between Nodes in "ONLY two nodes mesh network" with batman-adv
       [not found] <OS0P286MB0116B77E8A851D552949A43CBCD7A@OS0P286MB0116.JPNP286.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
@ 2023-10-16 14:24 ` Simon Wunderlich
From: Simon Wunderlich @ 2023-10-16 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mareklindner, XU Yang; +Cc: b.a.t.m.a.n

On Monday, October 16, 2023 4:12:41 PM CEST XU Yang wrote:
> Dear maintainer,
>
> I am a developer currently using the batman-adv library in research and have
> encountered some issues that I hope you might be able to assist with.

> In setting up a mesh network using batman-adv, I've noticed that when only
> two nodes are present in the network, they are unable to communicate with
> each other. However, once a third node is introduced, all nodes can
> communicate normally. Further testing has revealed that even with two
> nodes, despite good ad-hoc wifi connection quality, the nodes remain
> invisible to each other.

> Here are the system and configuration details:
>
> Hardware: Jetson Orin NX with rtl8822ce
> Operating System: L4T r35.3.1 Ubuntu20.04
> batman-adv version: 2023.2-9-g5fecd4a3
>
> The configuration code we use is in the attachment.
>

> I appreciate your time in reading this email and look forward to your
> response. I hope you might be able to help me understand the cause of this
> issue and suggest possible methods to resolve it.

Hi Young Xu,

this sounds like a underlying Wi-Fi driver issue. You may want to set up IP
addresses on the base Wi-Fi interfaces (e.g. wlan0) and try to ping between
the nodes directly, without batman-adv. You may also check further with "iw
wlan0 station dump" (or similar) who receives packets by whom, or check with
tcpdump if you see the OGM broadcasts.

I haven't seen many Realtek Wi-Fi devices to use batman-adv, and at least in
the past my experience with those devices not very positive, so also for that
reason I'd look into driver related issues first.

Cheers,
       Simon

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-10-16 14:25 UTC | newest]