On Sonntag, 6. Mai 2018 21:55:59 CEST Leonardo Mörlein wrote: > This patch is not a fix for the issue itself, but a fix for the > other nodes, which are also influenced by the issue. > > - Some (affected) nodes send TT announcements for an empty vlan (for > now only seen with vlan_id = 0). > - This behaviour is a bug! Batman-adv nodes must not send TT > announcements for empty vlans. > - The receiving batman-adv can not handle incoming TT announcements > with empty vlans. (The crc check routine batadv_tt_global_check_crc() > fails.) > - As the receiving node thinks, the crc is broken, it does a full > table request then. > - The announcing node sends a TT full table to the receiving node > then, which also contains the empty vlan, so > *batadv_tt_global_check_crc()* fails again on the receiver side. > - This causes a lot of unneeded TT traffic. In Freifunk Hannover we > decreased the amount of from ~20kpp/s to ~4kpp/s on our supernodes. > We have ~800 nodes, which are connected via vpn to one of six > supernodes. Those supernodes are connected with each other in a fully > connected mesh. Can you attach a (small) pcap of actual traffic which show a packet which triggers this behavior? Thanks, Sven