On Tuesday, 7 February 2023 11:41:53 CET Leon Romanovsky wrote: > Once you stop to update version, you will push users to look on the real > version (kernel) which really matters. I would have understood if you say "let us use a magic value like 'in-tree' or 'linux'" but setting it to an old (existing) version number - I don't want to live with the headaches it creates. Because this is what users often don't (want) to understand: if it looks like a valid version number, why isn't it the valid version number? So I have to do a lot of pushing - without any rewards because it is necessary to push every new "user". Kind regards, Sven