b.a.t.m.a.n.lists.open-mesh.org archive mirror
* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] [batman-adv] Sometimes it takes several minutes to join mesh after reboot when there are <4 nodes in the network
@ 2017-10-05  9:42 Xuebing Wang
From: Xuebing Wang @ 2017-10-05  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Wunderlich, Sven Eckelmann; +Cc: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hi Simon, Sven,

Thank you very much for your help. Our batman-adv BATMAN_IV are deployed
in 100+ (may be more) sites, and works almost perfectly.

There is a minor issue: after reboot the board, sometimes it takes
several minutes to join mesh after reboot when there are <4 nodes in the
network.
- Usually board joins mesh instantly.
- When this happens, I can still 'ping ip-address%mesh0' using IBSS
interface, so it is likely a batman-adv issue.
- This does not happen when I have >=4 nodes in the mesh network.
   -- For a setup of 6 nodes, I run the automated test for 1000 cycles,
and no issues.

I use the automated test:
- reboot one board, and sleep 20 seconds
- 'batctl n | tail -1 | grep mesh0' to see if it is empty.

Here is my environment:
- Atheros ar9331 MIPS platform + built-in ath9k WiFi
- OpenWRT tag 15.05
- batman-adv version 2016.1.3 (with 22 patches in patches/ subfolder as
you know it very well)
- routing_algos = BATMAN_IV

Is this a known issue? Thanks again.

Xuebing Wang

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-10-05  9:42 UTC | newest]