bpf.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Cristian Marussi <cristian.marussi@arm.com>
To: Shuah Khan <skhan@linuxfoundation.org>,
	Tim.Bird@sony.com, alexei.starovoitov@gmail.com,
	daniel@iogearbox.net
Cc: linux-kselftest@vger.kernel.org, bpf@vger.kernel.org,
	netdev@vger.kernel.org, davem@davemloft.net
Subject: Re: Linux 5.4 - bpf test build fails
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 09:52:17 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Shuah, Tim

On 9/24/19 7:23 PM, Shuah Khan wrote:
> On 9/24/19 12:07 PM, Tim.Bird@sony.com wrote:

I was NOT proposing in fact to introduce handling of SUBTARGETS at the toplevel kselftest
Makefile, just not to kill the possibility for interested subsystems to handle it as they
wish in their own toplevel subsystem Makefile like in arm64/Makefile in:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-kselftest/20190910123111.33478-2-cristian.marussi@arm.com/

(probably better renaming SUBTARGETS->ARM64_SUBTARGETS in the next v7 to avoid name clashing)

Because it's painful from the development perspective not having the possibility to selectively
build/install only a subset/subdir of the chosen TARGETS; but it's a very subsystem specific issue
and not everybody need it, so I'd let the respective TARGETS subsystems handle it if they want/need.

Thanks

Cristian